Whether by car, plane, train, or bus – getting to Madesimo and Campodolcino is easy in any season!
Before traveling, we recommend checking the latest travel and safety advisories regarding Coronavirus. In addition, it is mandatory to have snow tires or chains on board your vehicle throughout the winter months.
From Milan & Lombardy
From Switzerland & Abroad
The Spluga Pass is open from the beginning of May until the end of November, while in the winter months you can reach Madesimo via the Julier Pass and Maloja. Click here to verify the opening conditions of the mountain passes.
Travel Times by Car
- Milano/Madesimo 139 km (2 hours)
- Lecco/Madesimo 85 km (1 hour and 30 mins.)
- Como/Madesimo 104 km (2 hours)
- Lugano/Madesimo 117 km (1 hour and 30 mins.)
- Zurigo/Madesimo 191 km (2 hours)
During the winter season, you are required to use snow tires or keep chains on board your vehicle.
By Public Transport
Public Trains & Buses
Madesimo and Campodolcino can also be reached easily by public transport. The nearest railway station is in Chiavenna which is only 18 km away from Campodolcino and 25 km from Madesimo. From Chiavenna it is possible to reach Madesimo using a bus that coincides with the arrival and departure of the trains.
- To consult the train timetables please visit Trenitalia.
Bus Timetable in PDF
Please purchase your tickets ahead of time as tickets are not available for sale onboard.
- Trattoria Due Spade in Campodolcino
- Infopoint Madesimo
- Bar Pasticceria Stella in Madesimo
- Tickets can also be purchased online with the myCicero app.
Info for Tour Buses
Madesimo is also reachable by private tour bus, but please note the following regulations & size restrictions:
- Coming from Chiavenna, no vehicles over 13 meters long and 4.25 meters high
- From Campodolcino to Madesimo it is compulsory to travel on the SP1 towards Isola
- For the Spluga Pass on the Swiss side: max width of 2.55 meters + max length 10 meters. Permit also required.
For more information, please contact the relevant authorities.
Taxi Services & Contacts
Tel. +39 0343 51144
Mob. +39 329 2150632
Mob. +39 342 9414560
Madesimo and Campodolcino are easily reachable with numerous low cost airlines. The nearest airports are:
- Bergamo Orio al Serio 124 km (2 hours and 10 mins.)
- Milano Linate 142 km (2 hours and 10 mins.)
- Milano Malpensa 173 km (2 hours and 30 mins.)